3.12.2012

Master's Degree VS Work Experience


Should I study master's degree or should I start working to gain work experience? 

Many students wonder what to do next after they finish their first cycle which is undergraduate studies. Yea, I am one of them but I have second solution which is doing both at the same time. But it would be very tiring because my weekend will be gone because I need to do part time study on Saturday and Sunday. My cousin told me that sometimes the class will be start  from 8am to 8pm ( Wow, 12 hours). Can I bear with it? 

According to some article, both master's degree and work experience is very important. For example, studying a master's degree can be a good option to gain fresh and advanced knowledge and even gain confidence within your area of expertise. At the other hand, work experience will provide skills that can't be taught in a classroom and that you will learn some things only through your own work experience.

It does sound very confusing though, but I still have to make a decision. Choose both or Choose either one. 


How about you? Are you having the same problem like me? :) 


7 comments:

edmund ng said...

erm.. i think u may have some short working experience, then go for ur study will be better!
this is wat i experience lah. hehehee..

Cathleen said...

Greedy me ha. Think of one stone kill two birds XD. Anyway, have a blessed day. Thanks for you lovely advice, I will take your advice :)

Joey said...

I don't know which is better, but I finished my undergrad, worked for 2 years, then did my Master's. Despite what some ppl may say, a Master's is actually very useful for future market value :)

Cathleen said...

@ Joey: Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Yup, I heard that too, especially those big company. They have high demand on master's. Anyway, have a blessed day ahead. :)

edmund ng said...

hehehee.. appreciate lah!
if u wanna come to taiwan study, can ask me anythg lah! wakakakkaa...

Cathleen said...

Ok. Thanks 1st lo :)

edmund ng said...

welcome! hahaha...

Post a Comment