12.12.2011

Cross Stitch

The last time I tried my hand at cross stitch I was about nine years old, I got this idea that I wanted to relearn how to cross stitch again.


I bought this lovely cross stich pattern on my trip to Thailand for about RM6.90. 


Love this pattern, time to brush up on my skills :) Hopefully I can finish it fast before my final exam.

Well, according to some article cross-stitch is a popular form of counted-thread embroidery in which X-shaped stitches in a tiled, raster-like pattern are used to form a picture. Cross-stitch is often executed on easily countable evenweave fabric called aida cloth. The stitcher counts the threads in each direction so that the stitches are of uniform size and appearance. This form of cross-stitch is also called counted cross-stitch in order to distinguish it from other forms of cross-stitch.

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment